A question often asked (but rarely answered truthfully):
“When should I focus on list-building?”
Ask any guru and you’ll hear their hands shake at their keyboard while slamming something like “yesterday!”.
But that’s just piss-poor advice amigo.
The first part of list-building isn’t any of the following:
- Setting up your email service provider
- Installing pop-ups on your site
- Telling your homies you’re gonna start a list
All of those things only delay you getting closer to the green stuff.
(at this point, know that I’m trying to help you make money – ultimately – while helping more people)
So while I just may have taken all of the fun out of building a list that the gurus are preaching…
And the answer I’m about to lay flat-out on you isn’t as fun…
Here’s the truth:
Awareness is the first step.
Too many people go goo-goo over “passive income” and course-creation only to die a slow, cold, internet death… Leaving them skeptical that any of this stuff even works and hating their internet idols.
That’s why you need to take a look in the mirror and ask things like:
- Why am I doing this?
- How much money do I plan on making?
- Do I need money RIGHT NOW?
Based on your answer, THEN you move on to do one of two things:
- Make a “Reverse Email List” with people you could offer a service to (to start making money now)
- Start building a “regular” email list to start talking to daily
Countless years shaved off your journey.
Me + Your Inbox = Pure passion.
Subscribe now for weekly thoughts on how to get the most out of love, life, and business.