You recorded your podcast episode…
… you crafted an irresistible upgrade to turn passive listeners into email list subscribers.
And then you wonder…
What the heck do I do with these new email addresses I’m adding to my list?
Incomes a response to one of last week’s emails:
“Such a timely email Jeremy! I and several of my friends are struggling with this very question right now.
For me, it’s the following things that prevent me from growing my list:
- what on earth should I write about?
- how can I find enough things to write about so that I can send multiple emails and a newsletter each week?
- how on earth do the autoresponders actually work – how should I use them to make sending my emails less time consuming and difficult?
Really enjoying your emails Jeremy, not sure where I found you but glad I did.
Have a great day!
For the sake of brevity, let’s focus on #1 today.
Here’s what I would do…
- Brainstorm your audiences main problems (if you don’t know them yet, send out a survey)
- Listen and take note of the problems you hear your audience is having
- Focus on just one of those problems by offering your advice, life’s lessons, and stories to ‘sandwich’ them in between
And the final step..
Here’s what it comes down to…
You have to get inside you’re audiences mind and discover the things that keep them awake…
… the things that make them want to pull their hair out…
… and then create your content around those problems.
Most get this equation backwards.
(I’d say 99%++)
So craft a survey and send that puppy out.
Be sure to see mine (and fill it out) here: